From the Shoulderstand Pose to the Scorpion Pose, from Headstands to Handstands, inversions are exciting and intriguing, but often approached with apprehension.
However, did you know that inversions have a whole host of benefits, as diverse as improved circulation, increase of blood flow to the brain, a greater sense of balance and confidence, stress relief and a whole new perspective on life itself?
Inversions are often seen as the zenith of one’s yoga practice, both exhilirating and deeply peaceful at the same time.
As usual, K. Stephan Coburg will bring his unique, playful teaching approach to this inspiring workshop series, imbuing all 3 sessions with joy, laughter and his unshakeable belief in every student’s potential. Challenge your fears and experience an amazing new perspective on your world and on your life!
Each workshop will include:
- a dynamic flowing practice to warm up your body, mind and soul.
- an in-depth focus on one or two inversions per session, working on cultivating a safe and stable foundation for each posture, before moving on to the full inversion. Stephan will work with each student at the level they are comfortable with.
- an emphasis on improving your strength, execution and alignment.
- a focus on executing inversions safely and with confidence and also opportunities to practise falling safely.
- discussion and plenty of time for questions on the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of inversions and technique.
- drinks and light refreshments.
There will also be a creative component to the workshop series, culminating in you designing your own yoga prop to help you master the inversions. There will be a prize awarded to the most inspirational design, which will be featured in our next newsletter.
At the end of the workshop series, you will be presented with a certificate of achievement.
Open to students of intermediate level and above. Students must be able to attend all 3 evenings, as each session links to the next.
- £170 Early Bird Rate for bookings
- £185 Full Price